Dr. Christoph Burgstaller is the managing director and head of R&D at the Transfercenter für Kunststofftechnik in Wels, Austria. Since 2004 he operates in application oriented research regarding plastic engineering and finished the doctorate studies for chemical engineering at the Johannes Kepler Universität Linz with a dissertation about structure-property-correlations of Wood Plastic Composites. His diploma, which was finalised in 2003, dealt with composites on the basis of melamine. Since 2006 he headed more than 20 different research projects in cooperation with industry. These projects dealt with different topics like plastics property modification and recycling.
He main research interest lies within the structure-processing-property-relationships of thermoplastic material in general, where he focuses on composites and blends as well as recycling. Furthermore he is a lecturer at the Upper Austria University of Applied Sciences as well as author of approximately 15 peer-reviewed journal articles and more than 70 conference papers. He is a reviewer for different journals, e.g. “Composites Part A” and additionally he is a senior member of the “Society of Plastics Engineers”.
- R. Zykaite, B. Purgleitner, W. Stadlbauer, C. Burgstaller, Microdebond test development and interfacial shear strength evaluation of basalt and glass fibre reinforces polypropylene composites, Journal of Composite Materials, 2017
- M. Fortea-Verdejo, E. Bumbaris, C. Burgstaller, A. Bismarck, KY. Lee, Plant fibre-reinforced polymers: where do we stand in terms of tensile properties?, International Materials Reviews (2017) 1-24
- H. Maples, O. Smith, C. Burgstaller, P. Robinson, A. Bismarck, Improving the Ply/Interleaf Interface in Carbon Fibre Reinforced Composites with Variable Stiffness, Composite Science and Technology 128 (2016) 185-192
- A. Sudár K. Renner, J. Móczó, T. Lummerstorfer, Ch. Burgstaller, M. Jerabek, M. Gahleitner, P. Doshev, B. Pukánszky, Fracture resistance of hybrid pp/elastomer/wood composites, Composite Structures 141 (2016) 146-154
- C. Burgstaller, A comparison of processing and performance for lignocellulosic reinforced polypropylene for injection moulding applications, Composite: Part B 67 (2014) 192-198
- C. Burgstaller and W. Stadlbauer, Influence of Chemical Modification on the Water Uptake Properties of Wood Plastic Composites. J. Biobased Mater. Bioenergy 6, (2012) 380-387